Saturday, April 23, 2011

What is Failure?

I was talking to a friend the other day. She pointed to a guy and told me that she thought that he was cute. I told her to go and talk to him. She then told me that she didn't think she could and that she was too chicken. I have little to no concept of this. If I want something, I go and get it. This whole conversation got me thinking of the word 'Failure'

Failure is defined as an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success. Well, that is the Dictionary.com definition anyway.

Personally, my definition of Failure is different. I don't see failure as someone being "unsuccessful" (insert snide air-quotes). Here is my definition of Failure: Not trying because one is afraid of being unsuccessful.

I would rather have tried and "Failed" than not try at all. And even if I do try and "fail", at least I know I gave it my all and it was just not meant to be! I'm not scared of failure.

I'm scared of missing out on something because I didn't try. Possibilities are limitless and you are never going to know what you're capable of until you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment