Friday, May 3, 2013

Picky Eater

I always told myself (and anyone that would listen) that I wasn't going to have kids that were picky eaters. As I sure you might be doing, almost everyone shook their heads at me or smiled politely while I could practically see what they were saying in their heads "Yeah right!!!"

I should preface this a say, I am not a picky eater! I like just about everything (except peas, and even then I will eat them mixed in things). Opie is not a picky eater either, but he doesn't like some things that a lot of other people don't like.

When Max was starting to eat pureed food I wanted to make all of my food. I made my own sweet potatoes, squash, peas, and green beans to start. Well, he loved the sweet potatoes and squash, but not the peas or green beans. I could get him to eat the store bought green vegetables, but never the baby food I made. Big fail.

So, now Max is 14 months old and I would like to stop buying baby food and move him on to an all solid food diet. He won't eat vegetables! This is very frustrating for me! He loves fruit, which is great, but a lot of it will give him bad diaper rash. I don't want to trick him with it and hide it in things because I feel like that isn't teaching him to eat them either. I just want him to like to eat them like I do!!

Well, today I was going to put my foot down and get him to eat some green beans. I made a small bowl and put them on his tray. No such luck! So, when I felt the defeat, I started to eat the green beans (since I love them!) and he thought it was funny and he started to eat them! Then I sat down next to him and he would feed one to me and then eat one himself! It was great! He probably only ate 10 or so, but I call that a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment